Thursday 6 December 2007

intercessions

My friend Travis suggested I write out my "intercessions." I'm not very good at them. But maybe this will help me pray.

God of travellers,

I'm in Union Station today, and there are so many people. I don't know how to pray for them all. I pray they will get where they're going safely and that they will find home or hospitality at their journey's end. I pray your grace will sit beside them on the train, and that they will be able to see you. I pray they will hear a whisper of your voice amidst the noisy gongs and clanging cymbols. Help me to love the ones I rub shoulders with, espeically the pushy impatient ones and the ones who talk too loudly on their cell phones beside me. To my friends on the GO train, let me be an aroma, like the smell of Cinnabon in the concourse, the sweet smell of bread and love. Keep us all safe and bring us home to you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...